If you would like to help shape the future in an assertive, creative and interdisciplinary environment, you now have the opportunity to become part of our team. The Faculty of Audiovisual Media and Creative Technologies has an associate professor vacancy within the subject area
About the position
The position is affiliated with the Department of Game Development – The Game School, and is a 3-year temporary post with the possibility of permanent employment.
Responsibilities and duties
- Research work within game technology and simulation and/or XR
- Teaching and academic supervision of students at BA and MA levels within the fields of programming, 3D programming, game engine architecture, VR, AR and AI programming for game and XR development
- Active involvement in syllabus and programme of study evaluations and changes.
- Take part in quality development at the department and faculty
- Dissemination of R&D
- Other relevant tasks may be added, such as continuing and further education courses, projects etc.
About the Faculty and the Department of Game Development
The Faculty of Audiovisual Media and Creative Technologies, Department of Game Development – The Game School is part of Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences. Our department is located in Hamar, Norway, close to beautiful Mjøsa lake, and is connected to an industry standard studio for movement and a modern VR centre.
The Game School has 27 enthusiastic employees supported by a faculty administration and an increasing number of contracted employees. It is an international and interdisciplinary community. We have an international vision and make sure that students are at the heart of what we do. We offer industry-focused courses within the fields of game technology and simulation, animation and game-related digital art, virtual and augmented reality and gamification. The department has approximately 300 students divided into BA in game technology and simulation, BA in animation and digital art, and further education in VR and AR. Several educational programmes are under development.
We encourage an interdisciplinary approach with emphasis placed on industry standards and professional practice in order to prepare students for extensive collaborative production. In addition to education, The Game School plays an important role in promoting a flexible gaming community through its events and activities. These include Global Game Jam Hamar, which attracts over 250 participants. It also facilitates a lively exchange with many local indie game startups that have their roots in our educational programmes.
VR/AR and gaming companies are important for the development of the region. The University receives significant support from local and regional authorities as well as private companies. In May 2018, INN University and the PARK business and startup house opened an interactive digital centre for VR, digital knowledge transfer and motion capture.
Read more about us here: Fakultet for audiovisuelle medier og kreativ teknologi Institutt for Spillutdanninger – Spillskolen.
Head of Department Marit Berg Strandvik, Telephone: 62517784, Mobile: 91555773, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Studies Bård Gunnerud, Telephone. 62517236, Mobile: 90709147, e-mail: email@example.com
- Doctoral qualifications in informatics, game development (technology) or related areas of technology are required.
- Master’s degree in informatics, game engine architecture, system development (programming) or related areas are required.
- Applicants who are unable to document pedagogical expertise at the time of appointment must undertake to complete the University’s course in pedagogy or equivalent.
- Knowledge about programming, game engine architecture, mathematics and 3D programming is required.
- Previous teaching experience from higher education within the fields of informatics, game development/technology or related areas is required.
- Knowledge about XR technology is an advantage.
- Experience from industry-related projects is an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of the gaming industry is an advantage.
- Great emphasis is placed on personal suitability regarding the position, especially independence, relational and communicative skills, and good dissemination ability.
- Very good IT skills, broad expertise.
The applicant must master either Norwegian, English or another Scandinavian language, both in writing and orally. The working languages are Norwegian and English.
- For more information about the formal qualification requirements, see regulations in: Forskrift om ansettelse og opprykk i undervisnings- og forskerstillinger
and HINNs presisering av de pedagogiske kompetansekravene og dokumentasjonsform ved ansettelse og opprykk i undervisnings- og forskerstillinger.
- If there are no applicants who satisfy the qualification requirements for permanent employment, temporary employment may be offered for up to three years in a lower position, cf. Section 6-5 of the Act relating to Universities and University Colleges.
Assessment of the best qualified candidate is carried out after a comprehensive assessment of education, experience and personal suitability, and other qualification requirements as formulated in the announcement text, in addition to motivation related to the position.
How to apply
Application and CV are registered electronically via ‘Jobseeker | Log in (jobbnorge.no)’.
The application must include:
- CV with comprehensive overview of education, diplomas, work experience, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, accreditation work, coordination experience and other qualifying activities
- Documentation of pedagogical qualifications in a systematic, comprehensive presentation, including an overview of formal pedagogical education, pedagogical practice (e.g. teaching/supervisory experience), experience of educational quality development, development of teaching plans, programme descriptions, etc.
- Publication list
- Work to be assessed
- If you have any questions about uploading attachments or other technical matters regarding the application, please contact Jobbnorge customer service. Contact information can be found as a link in the application form.
Relevant applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Supplementary CVs, confirmed copies of diplomas and certificates, publication lists and documents/work to be assessed must be added as electronic attachments or links to the application.
Relevant candidates will be summoned to an interview and testing of pedagogical skills.
Requests for exemptions from the publicly available list of applicants must be clearly justified and specified via the electronic application form. Applicants will be contacted if the University is unable to comply with the request (cf. Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act).
The state workforce shall to the greatest extent possible reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a HR policy goal of INN University to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and recruit people with an immigrant background. If necessary, working conditions will be adapted for people with disabilities. If applicants state that they have a disability or gap in their CV, this information may be used for registration purposes in connection with the target figure.
- An exciting and challenging job at a developing university, engaged colleagues and a good working environment
- The salary for the position is 1198 SENIOR LECTURER or 1011 ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR in the State Salary Regulations, placed according to expertise and experience.
- This is Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 16000 students and 1300 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad., as well as activities at Kongsvinger, Tynset and Oslo.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally. We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is “Stronger Together”.
Deadline 4th September 2022
Employer Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Place of service Hamar